The Ministerial Programme provides a unique forum where ministers, regulators, international organisations and CEOs from around the world come together to discuss the challenges and opportunities of the mobile sector. Since launching in 2006, the Ministerial Programme’s popularity and scope have grown each year. In 2018, the Programme welcomed record numbers with more than two thousand attendees, including 181 delegations representing 151 countries and 30 international organisations. The event attracted 71 ministers, 84 heads of regulatory authorities and 159 CEOs.
In 2018, attendance was open to:
- National ministries including telecommunications, finance and health;
- Telecommunications regulatory authorities, data protection authorities and central banks;
- Senior representatives from selected international organisations and intergovernmental bodies; and
- C-level and senior regulatory representatives from the mobile industry, including network operators and vendors.
The 2018 Ministerial Programme featured:
- A comprehensive three-day agenda centred around three key themes: Creating a Better Future, Modernising Policy for the Digital Era and Realising the Power of Mobile.
- Calls to action for the mobile industry at WRC-19: What is the industry’s long-term roadmap and how can we achieve global harmonisation?
- Digital health and education: How can ICT ministers work in partnership with health and education ministries to support the expansion of their services?
- Ask the Regulators: A highly interactive format – by regulators, for regulators – presenting innovative tools and strategies for improving and streamlining regulation.
- Who is leading the investment strategy? How can government, banks, investors and mobile operators drive the digital transformation in an economically viable way?
- New Prediction Panel: What do we forecast for the industry in 2019? This year’s Programme will conclude by offering five industry predictions for government and industry leaders to debate.
- Senior roundtables and bilateral meetings to facilitate dialogue between governments, the GSMA and other representatives from the mobile industry.
- Extensive networking opportunities including cocktail receptions each evening.
- The Government Excellence Awards which recognise the governments that have demonstrated world-class leadership in telecommunications regulatory policy and practice in the previous year.
In 2019, the Ministerial Programme will return to Fira Gran Via, Barcelona from 25- 27 February. Invitations will be sent in September 2018. To register your interest, please submit an enquiry and a team member will contact you shortly.